24
I wanted people, a friend, somebody to talk to…
我渴望人类,一个朋友,可以谈话的人。
Somebody who could help me escape from my island.
可以帮助我逃离孤岛的人。
One morning I woke up and made a plan.
一天早上我醒来做了计划。
‘I’ll try to catch one of the prisoners of the wild men,’ I said to myself.
“我将试图去救一个野人们的俘虏,”我自言自语。
‘He’ll be happy to be live and perhaps he’ll help me to escape.’
“他将因为活着而高兴,也可能他会帮助我逃离。”
I watched day and night, but for a year and half there were no boats.
我日夜观望,但是一年半过去了没有一只船出现。
Then one day five boats came.
有一天海上来了五只船。
There were about thirty men and they had two prisoners.
大约有三十个人和两个俘虏。
They made their fire on the sand and danced around it.
他们在沙滩上生活并围着火跳舞。
Then they killed one of the prisoners and began to cook their terrible meal.
然后他们杀了其中一个俘虏并开始烹饪他们可怕的事物。
The second prisoner waited under the trees, with two men to watch him.
另一个俘虏在树下等候,有两个人看守着。
Suddenly, the prisoner turned and ran.
突然,这个俘虏转身就跑。
The two men ran after him, but the other wild men were busy round the fire and did not see what was happening.
两个人在后面追他,但是其他的野人们在忙着喂着狗过并没有看见发生的事情。
The prisoner ran like a wild goat, and soon I saw that he was coming near the bottom of my hill.
那俘虏跑起来像一只野山羊,不一会儿我看到他已经跑到了我的山脚下了。
As fast as I could, I ran down the hill and jumped out of the trees between the prisoner and the two wild men.
我尽快地跑下山去,在俘虏与两个野人的之间的树丛跳出来。
I hit the first man with the wooden end of my gun and he fell down,
我用枪的木柄击倒了第一个野人,
But I had to shoot the second man. The poor prisoner did not mover.
但是我不得不开枪打死第二个人。可怜的俘虏一动不动。
He was afraid of the noise of my gun.
他被我的枪声吓呆了。
未完待续~